[Peace-discuss] why we invaded Iraq

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 10 15:47:26 CST 2006

Dear Carl,

Recently, a member of the Peace Discuss list who is also a critic of
AWARE mentioned that she/he was given the impression that you (Carl)
were of the opinion that the occupation of Iraq is all about Oil.

I find this rather odd, because I was under the very strong impression
that you (Carl) think it is about Power and Control of the area, and not
the Oil per se. In fact, you are one person who continually points out
that the US gets very little of its oil from the area.

I just thought I would invite you to set me straight in a public forum.

Respectfully,
karen medina