[Peace-discuss] Re: Religious Voices for Peace (karen medina)

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 21 12:48:36 CST 2006

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:29:50 -0600, karen medina wrote:

> Bryan,
>
> I'll call in the troops (the Peace list) for some ideas. Albert Einstein
> was mentioned last night.
>
> -karen medina
> Miller, Bryan wrote:
> > Right now the readings available are Christian-biased and Gandhi, but My
> > understanding is we want multiple cultures and historical eras and
> > multiple readers. Are looking to UofI Theater Dept for volunteers, too.
> > Peace speeches are harder [for me] to find than I expected.  We need
> > more suggestions. Time is passing. Ideas??
> > Bryan

Though I don't have specific readings to suggest right now, maybe
here's a source: John Nichols' "Against the Beast" is a remarkable
collection of anti-imperial, pro-peace, etc. speeches, writings
and commentary.   Though all relate to the US, they do span colonial
times to the present.  Worth re-reading at least annually (I need
to dig up my copy!) and definitely worth quoting.   Will write again
if I find some to recommend.

Where will the "Religious Voices for Peace" event be held?

    Stuart Levy