[Peace-discuss] Quad Demonstration Yesterday (5/3)

Tammy Watts tammyewatts at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 09:06:46 CDT 2006

Hi,

  I wanted to let everyone know what an awesome job the students did yesterday in recreating the Apartheid Wall.  The concluding event was very powerful:  everyone lined up behind the "wall" and pushed it down shouting "Free Palestine."  Two representatives from the group went over to the Jewish students, who were set up just a few yards away, to invite some of them to participate in the tear-down.  To my knowledge, I don't THINK anyone from their group came over, but I could have missed it.  I thought it was a nice gesture, whether or not it was accepted.  I don't know how well the DI will cover it, so I just wanted to congratulate them for a job well done.

  Tammy