[Peace-discuss] Re: Bambenek goes ballistic

Tammy Watts tammyewatts at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 14:57:56 CST 2006

    John--

  I know you're a last word type of guy, so I'll let you have it after this.

  My 6 months in ACTIVE duty is "hardly...case study representative" as if your ROTC experience makes you some sort of expert.  (By the way, I'm sure nowadays you could get a waiver for those knees.)  Uncle Sam is pretty desperate for cannon fodder.

  "I've also talked to several women who have served, and they simply
don't know where these claims come from because they never saw it and
know of no one it happend to. Some of these women served in combat
areas as well.".....

  Oh ok.  I get it.  When it goes in your favor, the testimonies of "several women" is gospel, and when it comes to those of us who can testify to the inherent sexual harassment in the military and also foreign interpreters who worked in combat areas, it "hardly makes your case study representative."

  Your hypocrisy is amusing.  So go ahead and have that last word.  You become more laughable with every post.

  Tammy

John Bambenek <jcb.blog at gmail.com> wrote:
  David-

Calm down... you're hyperventilating. You're constant hyperbole makes
sure that people continue to ignore the anti-war movement.

Tammy-

How do you know I was never in the service? By all means, contact the
NPSC and verify that I was. In fact, I even mention in the article
how I came to be in the service, and why I didn't end up going active
duty.

And for the record, as an officer, I wouldn't put up with any of my
men raping a woman.

Less than 6 months hardly makes your case study representative. Sure,
it happens, and once is more than it should, but characterizing the
entire military based on the experiences of some is patent bigotry.

About one third of black men are in jail for felonies... we don't go
around calling all black men felons, now do we?