[Peace-discuss] Re: [cu_citizens] N-G online poll: will you vote against the war?

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 08:11:30 CST 2006

At 07:54 AM 11/4/2006, Ricky Baldwin wrote:

>Please forward!
>
>The News-Gazette in its infinite wisdom is doing an
>unscientific online poll, supposedly sponsored by WDWS
>etc, on this:
>
>"How will you vote on a local referendum calling for
>the rapid and orderly withdrawal of U.S. troops from
>Iraq?"
>
>I suppose they plan to publiciize the results ahead of
>the election.
>
>Please go to http://www.news-gazette.com/ and vote
>now!

For several days now the Daily Illini has been conducting a similarly
unscientific poll on who its readers will be voting for for Illinois
governor.  For quite a long time the Green candidate Rich Whitney had a
slight lead, but I see now where Judy Baar Topinka has pulled way ahead of
the pack.  What's the point of these unscientific polls?

John Wason