[Peace-discuss] Troops Out/Impeach Yard Signs to the Polls

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 08:52:28 CST 2006

(please forward where appropriate)

Ricky and I are trying to organize folks to take troops out/impeach
yard signs to the polls on election day.

The idea is simple: vote early; take your yard sign with you to the
polls; plant it in the ground where the other political signs are.
(Scoop it up after the polls close at 7 if you can, or let us know it
needs to be scooped up if you can't.)

I have a database of the polling places. Please send me an email if
you can do this. I will let you know if someone else is already signed
up for that precinct.

Note: the list of polling places is here:

http://www.champaigncountyclerk.com/elections/polling_places.html

and you can verify your own polling place here:

https://www.champaigncountyclerk.com/elections/registration_status.html

(P.S. support for the troops out ref. is holding steady at 68% in the
NG poll with
913 votes cast:

http://www.news-gazette.com/polls/pastpolls.cfm?id=826)

while not scientific, this is consistent with national polling data
saying that 61% support a timetable for withdrawal.)