[Peace-discuss] Yard signs

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 6 09:36:36 CST 2006

We lost our two David Gill signs last night,  but not our
referendum or Yfantis/Whitney signs. Other Gill signs nearby
were not taken, but were further from the street. If your
signs are right by the street, they are technically on city
property and must be moved. This rule seems to be selectively
enforced by Republican vigilantes. Have a look at the
placement of the missing signs and see if this seems to
be what's going on.

I'll be leaving our referendum sign at the South Side School
(Champaign) polling place tomorrow, assuming it survives the
night.

Bob