[Peace-discuss] antiwar groups: "Mandate for Peace"

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 09:46:57 CST 2006

>From the Nation online:

... national peace groups have launched a "Mandate for
Peace" campaign to immediately follow the election.
Organized by United for Peace and Justice, Iraq
Veterans Against War, True Majority, Progressive
Democrats of America, Peace Action, Goldstar Families
for Peace, Network of Spiritual Progressives,
CODEPINK, Iraqi Voices for Peace, Global Exchange, Pax
Christi USA and others, the coalition intends to ramp
up grassroots pressure on the new Congress to enact a
speedy end to the occupation of Iraq.

The Mandate reads in part: "We urge you to represent
the will of the peace-loving people of the United
States by immediately passing legislation requiring
the prompt removal of all US troops from Iraq and
discontinuing funding for military purposes in Iraq
except the safe withdrawal of all US forces."

I like this language for our flood of letters!

What do you think?
Ricky