[Peace-discuss] Peace Bazaar December 2

Joan Nelshoppen jnelshoppen at insightbb.com
Tue Nov 21 10:01:30 CST 2006

Please forward!

The Peace Bazaar is less than two weeks away!

The 36th annual Peace Bazaar will be held Saturday, December 2nd, at
McKinley Presbyterian Church from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.  McKinley Presbyterian
Church is on the corner of 5th and John in Champaign.  This is a new
location for the Peace Bazaar and everyone is invited to join us there in
support of peace and social justice.

The Peace Bazaar is an annual alternative gift fair, now in its 36th year,
where we sell donated items to raise funds for peace and social justice.  We
will have a wide variety of items for sale including new and recycled gifts,
works by several local artists, antiques and collectibles, books, plants,
toys, furniture, fresh-baked goods, and much, much more!

All of the proceeds are given to groups promoting peace and social justice.
This year 10 groups will be receiving bazaar proceeds.  These groups, along
with descriptions of their work, are listed on our web site at
www.peacebazaar.org.

Last year we raised $5,148 for peace and justice groups - would you help us
earn even more for peace this year?!

Donations of items to sell are now being accepted and may be brought to 412
W. Oregon St in Urbana.  We are looking for items suitable for gifts or use
by others.  Please - no used clothing.

Volunteers are welcomed.   Please contact Joan at 369-2853 or
joan at peacebazaar.org.

Shoppers are encouraged to mark the date on their calendars now.   The
basement at McKinley will be completely filled with treasures waiting for
you.

Shop the 36th annual Peace Bazaar on December 2nd for great bargains,
wonderful treasures, and the support of peace and social justice!

The 36th Annual Peace Bazaar is co-sponsored by

	The Urbana Champaign Friends Meeting (Quakers)

	Community United Church of Christ

      United Church of Christ Campus Ministry

      The Peace and Justice Initiative of First Mennonite Church

      Channing Murray Foundation

      McKinley Presbyterian Church and Foundation

	Unitarian Universalist Church Social Action Committee

      The Central Illinois Mosque and Islamic Center

      The Muslim Women's Outreach Group

      Jewish Social Justice Network

      St. Patrick's Catholic Church Social Action Committee

      The Church of St. Mary

      The Episcopal Chapel of St. John the Divine.

For more information about the Peace Bazaar, please visit our web site at
www.peacebazaar.org.    Feel free to contact Joan (369-2853
joan at peacebazaar.org), Claire (265-2581 (w) 356-6710 (h) cszoke at uiuc.edu) or
Conrad (352-8603 clwetzel at hotmail.com) with any questions.

Please forward this note to friends you feel might be interested.

Peace and blessings!

Joan