[Peace-discuss] Obama's way forward, via Iraq

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 22 12:47:30 CST 2006

Yes.  The media reports of Obama's speech said that he called for the US
to leave Iraq.  But he didn't.  The Democrats' job is to *appear* to
change the policy -- because of the large antiwar vote on Nov. 7 --
while in fact maintaining the ME policy common to Republican and
Democrat administrations, viz., US control of ME energy resources.
Obama's tergiversations contrast with the more honest demand of the
war-criminal McCain, who openly calls for more troops for Iraq. --CGE