[Peace-discuss] Updates from Oaxaca

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 09:25:36 CST 2006

Below are two e-mails from George Salzman, a retired
physicist from U-Mass Boston who has lived in Oaxaca
for years and followed its political activities.

I've become increasingly interested in Oaxaca in
recent months--it has the feel of a genuine center of
grassroots revolutionary activity. It's not surprising
 that it is being violently suppressed.

DG

1) Photo of killed young American video-journalist in
Oaxaca, at http://www.jornada.unam.mx:8080/ultimas
2) A late report on Narco News by Al Giordano, at
http://www.narconews.com/en.html
3) Two of many e-mails on the OSAG list, at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/oaxacastudyactiongroup/

This is as ugly as it's been since 14 June, but I
don't believe the governor will be able to suppress
the rebellion. --George