[Peace-discuss] *Fools rush in with "political agenda"

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at insightbb.com
Wed Sep 6 16:44:53 CDT 2006

School speaker critic shows her ignorance
Wednesday September 6, 2006
Jan Kruse's letter to the editor in last Thursday's News-Gazette
concerning the Army officer who spoke to students at Carrie Busey
School was a blatant misrepresentation of the event and a cheap
cynical shot to further her political agenda.

I am the speaker at Carrie Busey School to whom she referred, and my
talk was on how being ready, safe, responsible and respectful were
universal qualities that have value in school and in life. It was not
recruitment or indoctrination or any other phantasm usually imagined
by the "bash America always" crowd.

It was neither a political stump speech nor a treatise on why
American military personnel are in Iraq. It was a personal
perspective on the four qualities I mentioned. It was told with
sincerity, pictures, an Arabic lesson, and a little humor.

Kruse doesn't know what she's talking about. She wasn't with me at
Carrie Busey nor was she with me in Kuwait or Iraq. I suspect she
hasn't been in a lot of other places I have been either.

But that's OK. Kruse has the right to be ignorant as well as to
express her opinion. These are her rights as an American. I will
remind her though, what Abraham Lincoln said: "Better to remain
silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

MICHAEL RUDZINSKI

Rantoul

Find this article at:
http://www.news-gazette.com/news/opinions/letters/2006/09/06/