[Peace-discuss] Anti-lactating feminazis

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 7 14:27:21 CDT 2006

Scott,

I did not see abortion mentioned in Bambi's article. Did I miss it?

I do not fully understand Bambi's "Sex and the City" feminism reference. I've seen the show several times, and find it somewhat entertaining (4 women with varying perspectives on relationships, sexuality, and middle age); and somewhat offensive for several reasons not just as a female but also as a person who has lived in other countries and has had to deal with the perception that all people from the United States are like those that are portrayed on television.

There are good and bad ideas that are supported by people who consider themselves religious.

On an issue related to feminism, I am looking for a definition of feminism that goes beyond just gender. I know the feminist method has been used more broadly in research, but the dictionaries all seem to still relate it only to gender.

-karen medina