[Peace-discuss] Gill on lebanese war

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 7 16:20:32 CDT 2006

Chas. 'Mark' Bee wrote:
>  Where's the part about the problem being his refusal to support the
> Israeli assault?

[sigh - kem]

Fox News, July 26, 2006:
'"The Israeli attacks and airstrikes are completely destroying Lebanon’s
infrastructure," al-Maliki is quoted in the paper as saying last
Wednesday during a news conference in Baghdad. I condemn these
aggressions and call on the Arab League foreign ministers’ meeting in
Cairo to take quick action to stop these aggressions. We call on the
world to take quick stands to stop the Israeli aggression."

'House Democrats on Monday crafted a letter to Hastert urging him to
cancel the speech by al-Maliki to the chamber. The letter, which was
being circulated for signatures, argues that if the Iraqi leader's
positions are at odds with U.S. foreign policy goals then he should not
be given the honor of giving an address from the speaker's podium.'