[Peace-discuss] Gill on lebanese war

Chas. 'Mark' Bee c-bee1 at itg.uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 8 15:45:56 CDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at uiuc.edu>
To: "Chas. 'Mark' Bee" <c-bee1 at itg.uiuc.edu>; "Peace Discuss"
<peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net>
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] Gill on lebanese war

> Mark, amidst your usual childish abuse,

  Mote, beam, eye.

> are you seriously contending that the Democrats did NOT "condemn our Iraqi
> puppet prime minister for not supporting the Israeli assault"?

  That's correct.  I'm still waiting for anything that shows support, or even
acceptance, of the ~100/1 collective punishment inflicted was a condition for
anything at all.

> =============
>
>    "Iraqi Prime Minister's Maliki's criticism of Israel's right to defend
> itself is unacceptable," Pelosi said in a statement.

  I don't see anything here about the assault.

>    "At the White House this morning, Mr. Maliki did not retreat from his
> comments on Israel and once again failed to criticize Hamas and Hezbollah's
> terrorist activities.

  Still nothing about the assault.

>    "Unless Mr. Maliki disavows his critical comments of Israel and condemns
> terrorism, it is inappropriate to honor him with a joint meeting of
> Congress."

  Again, absolutely nothing about the assault.

> http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Nancy_Pelosi_statement_regarding_Iraqi_Prime_0725.html
> http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=69729
>

> Rebellious Puppets? "A group of House of Representatives Democrats was
> circulating a letter to House Speaker Dennis Hastert urging the Illinois
> Republican to secure an apology from Maliki or cancel the address on
> Wednesday to a joint meeting of Congress. Ron Bonjean, Hastert's spokesman,
> said there was no intention to cancel Maliki's speech, and accused Democrats
> of "political gamesmanship during an election year." Iraq's U.S.-backed
> government on Saturday denounced Israel's "criminal" raids on Lebanon and
> Gaza and warned that violence could escalate across the Middle East."
> http://angryarab.blogspot.com/2006/07/rebellious-puppets-group-of-house-of.html
>
> WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Congressional Democrats voiced alarm on Tuesday over
> Iraq's denunciation of Israel in the Mideast conflict, and some said Iraqi
> Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's upcoming address to Congress should be
> canceled unless he apologizes.
>
> A group of House of Representatives Democrats was circulating a letter to
> House Speaker Dennis Hastert urging the Illinois Republican to secure an
> apology from Maliki or cancel the address on Wednesday to a joint meeting of
> Congress.
>
> Ron Bonjean, Hastert's spokesman, said there was no intention to cancel
> Maliki's speech, and accused Democrats of "political gamesmanship during an
> election year."
>
> Iraq's U.S.-backed government on Saturday denounced Israel's "criminal" raids
> on Lebanon and Gaza and warned that violence could escalate across the Middle
> East.
>
> Senate Democrats in a letter to Maliki said his failure to condemn
> Hizbollah's "aggression and recognize Israel's right to defend itself raise
> serious questions about whether Iraq under your leadership can play a
> constructive role in resolving the current crisis and bringing stability to
> the Middle East."
>
> With more than 2,500 U.S. service members killed in the Iraq conflict, more
> than 18,000 wounded and more than $300 billion in U.S. tax dollars spent, the
> Senate Democrats said, "Americans deserve to know whether Iraq in an ally in
> these fights."
>
> http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2006-07-25T151913Z_01_N25297455_RTRUKOC_0_US-IRAQ-MALIKI-CONGRESS.xml

  Still waiting for anything at all to show that the assault was what they were
talking about.  Anything.  How long has it been now?

  It's real simple - all you need is something like the above, but referring to
bloodshed rather than rights.  What's so tough?  Is it that you can't find a
single democrat quote taking the bloodthirsty position you accused them of?

  I'm going to assume that you are permanently stuck on 'right to defend
itself' (an abstract concept) as a suitable substitute for 'assault' (blood and
death on a massive scale) in true elementary school playground fashion, until I
get a real cite.  I don't intend to keep addressing your serial failures to
provide one ad infinitum