[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] minutes of 9/24/06 AWARE meeting

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 26 02:01:27 CDT 2006

Carl, personally (not trying to speak for AWARE Presents as a group)
I do agree with you that there are important points of view that
this panel will not cover, and that allowing questions from
the audience is insufficient to make it cover them -- even though
it'll be well worth raising questions that challenge the speakers'
(and the audience's) unspoken assumptions!

But, I also think that this panel's constitution makes good sense --
to many of us including me, and particularly to its panelists,
without whose participation we wouldn't have much to offer.
I disagree that the way to address other points should be
by redesigning the October 26th panel.  That panel needn't
and shouldn't be AWARE's last word on the subject of
Middle East policy.

We'll do better to put together future panels, with other people,
probably also addressing other questions that don't fit into the
limited scope of Israel's confrontations with its neighbors.
I agree with Karen about this.  And like her I'd be happy to help
organize them, too, if I can.

   Stuart Levy