[Peace-discuss] Pravda moment

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 27 18:49:08 CDT 2006

Dear Peace List,

Below is a link to Newsweek. Today's cover has various international editions allowing different pitches for different countries. The cover pages for the editions for Europe, Asia, Latin America, ..... and the USA
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3037881/site/newsweek/

Take a look at the USA edition in comparison with the others. All the others have "Losing in Afghanistan." The US edition has "My Life in Pictures" about Annie Leibovitz photographing celebrities.

(This was pointed out to me by a professor in my department. His comment was "I'm having a Pravda moment").

-Karen Medina