[Peace-discuss] W for Halloween - Election Eve - Referendum Bash

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 10:38:02 CDT 2006

Uh, yeah.

So some of us have been talking (we're really too
loose and ad hoc even to call ourselves a 'working
group' - we're more of a 'partying group')...

We've had one "Referendum Party" at Jim and Jenny
Barrett's generous house (over $400 raised, mostly
non-choir)!  Another is in the works for Carl & Leigh
Estabrook's generous house (high hopes).  There may be
one more, too.

But these are small events, aimed at stirring friends
and neighbors (mostly not connected with AWARE
already).  We have propaganda for our fabulous
advisory referenda, beautiful yard signs, tasty eats,
and of course no donation is too small or too large.

Now Paul Kotheimer wants to do a bigger fundraiser for
us on campus, probably Channing Murray, the weekend
right before the historic vote to (a) pull out of
Iraq, and (b) impeach Bush & Cheney - not necessarily
in that order - that'd be Nov. 4 or 5.

The idea is to move some students and other community
members to vote for these historic, wonderful,
unprecedented, unique opportunities here in C-U.

But we need more helpers.

Don't worry, we'll boss you around.  It'll be simple.
Just raise your hand.  Um, virtually, you know,
electronically ... just volunteer, OK?

Ricky
328-3037