[Peace-discuss] Carl's article

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 9 10:24:53 CDT 2007

It is extremely improbable that the Public i we will publish Carl
if he continues to threaten to sue us if we change one word of his
article. We routinely make minor changes during proofing, and even
reword things when there's consensus that the author did not mean
to say what s/he wrote (this usually this comes up when a sentence
doesn't make sense as written).

This confrontation is completely bizarre. I thought Carl's article
was good, but that the paragraph on Clinton needed more explanation
if it were to be included. I was waiting for other opinions before
talking to Carl when I received the threat to sue. I was finishing
the editing because Brian, who had been editing the article, asked
me to.

Bob