[Peace-discuss] 'The Great Global Warming Swindle'

n.dahlheim at mchsi.com n.dahlheim at mchsi.com
Mon Apr 9 17:16:37 CDT 2007

Chuck,
    I follow the global warming science fairly closely.  I will agree that there are some problems with the
science on the matter.  The main flaw is that the climate scientists do not account for the phases of
nuclear activity inside the sun itself with its cycles of storms, shifting electromagnetic fields, and
sunspots.  But, the increase in carbon as well as sulfure and methane in the atmosphere is most
certainly taking place.  The only question is how much is due to human emissions---I would venture
that a significant portion of the warming is due to human pollution.  I'll allow that the IPCC may have
overstated that point and attributed too much of the warming to human behavior.  Yet, human
emissions and the like does have a demonstrable greenhouse gas effect.  I was talking with a friend out
on the West Coast who travels to Alaska from time to time, and the Eskimos and Inuits up north are
firmly convinced of man-made global warming.  I'll give it to the Native Americans; they seem to have a
much better intuition regarding the overall health of the planet than most other Americans who have
not structured their lives or their consciousness around the cyclical patterns of Mother Nature.