[Peace-discuss] News-Gazette (and, thanks, too)

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 11 13:03:27 CDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 11:26:03AM -0500, Bob Illyes wrote:
> I saw no coverage in the NG regarding last night's township
> meetings. Does anyone else see coverage that I somehow missed?

There was a N-G reporter there (with yellow tablet) taking notes and names.
I expect you're right that there wasn't time to write it up for today's paper.

> On the other hand, they do have two anti-AWARE letters from
> people who have no idea what AWARE actually represents. One
> attacks Annette, claiming that she "admits to blindly
> following the research of Carl Estabrook." We've all heard
> Annette often admit to blindly following all sorts of things,
> right? Scariest of all, she may even follow that radical hothead
> Jesus.

:)

Having so many of us speak so cogently last night,
on local cable, might have a real effect on letting
some people in the community know what we do think and why.

And I'd like to add my voice to others' to thank all who made
this happen, especially to Durl and Jan, and to Carl who gracefully
smoothed the way with our Mayor in Champaign.

(I just wrote Mayor Schweighart to thank him for running
a fair and congenial meeting, even though he clearly disagreed
with most of us attending on many issues -- a fine example of
democratic process.)