[Peace-discuss] Today's Letters to N-G = Radical Cult blindly follows research of Carl Estabrook!

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at insightbb.com
Wed Apr 11 16:13:41 CDT 2007

AWARE members offering bad advice

Wednesday April 11, 2007

With increased Democratic Party representation throughout government,
we can hope for policies that recognize that the function of a national
economy is not merely to increase the production of goods and services
but to distribute this plenty throughout the nation.

But it is even more important that our representatives safeguard U.S.
interests worldwide by avoiding bad advice, such as that offered by a
local cult that calls itself AWARE.

Its Web site professes a concern with the global spread of American
power, and its goal is to decrease American power. When AWARE members
peddle a plan to the Urbana City Council, they do not disclose their
belief that the U.S. has too much global power, and that's an excellent
strategy. Even Urbana residents realize that the U.S. has a moral
obligation to use our power for right, not wrong. Without that power,
someone else's notions of right will prevail. At present it is radical
Islam that has an opposing notion of right and wrong.

AWARE also professes a concern with the increased militarization of
society. Al-Qaida, Taliban, Hezbollah, Sunni insurgents in Iraq, Shiite
death squads – AWARE is onto something here. These groups, however,
hate the U.S. and hate the existence of Israel, so AWARE cuts them
endless slack. To AWARE, they are resisters of foreign domination and
protectors of sacred heritages. It is the sight of a U.S. serviceman
proudly wearing his uniform while speaking at a school that sends AWARE
members into a foot-stamping snit.

AWARE supporters do not belong in any position of public responsibility.

I. DAVID BERG

Urbana
  Find this article at:

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/opinions/letters/2007/04/11/
aware_members_offering_bad_advice

Council candidate a member of AWARE

Wednesday April 11, 2007

Champaign voters be AWARE. Annette Williams, candidate for Champaign
City Council, is an active member of the radical group AWARE. She is
endorsed by and admits to blindly following the research of Carl
Estabrook. Is this a person you want on your city council? I hope not.

  LINDA KURTZ

Champaign