[Peace-discuss] Blind adherence

Bill Strutz bill.strutz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 21:36:01 CDT 2007

      Again I will quote Gandhi:
"First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win."

      Apparently we are getting to them, no?

      This accusation of blind adherence has me rolling on the floor with
laughter.  These people don't hear us argue among ourselves, and they
apparently think that we're nine feet tall.  It's "AWARE thinks this, and
AWARE thinks that," and they have no idea that we only agree on two things:
Each of us is, in individualized ways, anti-war and anti-racism.

      When Carl appears, in his cape, we should give him the official cult
salute:  Touch your thumb to your nose and waggle your fingers.  Meanwhile,
make a "Pffffft" sound.

      I've just been watching the Champaign Township meeting on public
access TV.  Stuart Levy spoke, followed by Dan McCollum.  They don't look
like dangerous radicals to me.

      -- Bill