[Peace-discuss] GOP mobilizes in townships--Dupage

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 11 22:27:11 CDT 2007

We should publicize this as much as possible as a remarkable example of
contempt for democracy.

"[People] by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties:
1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers
from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify
themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and
consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise
depositary of the public interests." --Thomas Jefferson, 1824