[Peace-discuss] Rally to Stop Global Warming

Linda Evans veganlinda at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 10:23:57 CDT 2007

Thought you all might be interested since
environmental issues and war issues and closely
linked.

Linda

Rally to Stop Global Warming Now

When: April 14, 2007 01:00PM to 02:30PM

Where: Westside Park, Champaign

What: A "Step It Up" rally to do something about
global warming in
      conjunction with about 1300 such events in all
50 states.

We'll meet at Westside Park at 1:00 PM to stand in
support of the goal
of reducing carbon emissions 80% by 2050. Rally-goers
will have the
chance to send post cards to Senators Durbin and Obama
and
Representative Johnson urging them to work toward this
goal. We'll also
send petitions to the cities of Champaign and Urbana
asking them to
take
similar measures.

At 2:00 PM or so, we'll photograph everyone at the
rally standing near
our banner, so that we can send pictures to Step It Up
and to congress.

Our final planning meeting to prepare for the rally
will be 1 PM Sat,
April 7th at the Urbana Free Library in the conference
room on the
lower
level. The Urbana Free Library is near the corner of
Race and Green in
downtown Urbana.

Location:
West Side Park
Directions:
Exit I-74 at Prospect, heading South. Take Prospect to
University
Avenue, and turn left. Take University about a mile,
and you'll see
West
Side Park on your left, between Elm and State streets.
There should be
ample curbside parking near the park

Linda
http://triballife.net/  A Marketplace for a Better World