[Peace-discuss] More on election

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 18 10:23:41 CDT 2007

Yup, Karen, everything is my fault. As a recovering German Protestant,
this has never been less than obvious to me.

On a more serious note, this election was decided by the ability
of the parties and other organizations to get out the vote. Annette
in particular worked her tail off, but somehow the rest of us let
her down. This is a hard problem, with the media largely under the
control of the right. But it is not a problem we can't solve.
Democracy requires a lot of patience, unfortunately.

Bob