[Peace-discuss] No anti-war candidate will win in 2008

n.dahlheim at mchsi.com n.dahlheim at mchsi.com
Wed Apr 25 15:12:44 CDT 2007

Look,
   The electoral system is pretty much broken.  The last time the U.S. had a real president making
pragmatic (not pacifisct) decisions to limit the extent of the U.S.'s involvement in a foreign war, he was
shot in cold blood by the CIA and the military on the streets of Dallas.  Since then, we had a disaster in
Vietnam maginified by a related political crisis in Watergate.  From that era onward (esp 1972 and
beyond), party conventions have been nothing but made for TV events involving pre-selected
candidates to vote on.  The American people participated in this ballyhoo quite joyfully.  We even
elected a guy with Alzheimer's who surrounded himself with many of the same plutocrats and crooks
likely behind the events of November 22, 1963.  The American people loved the actor telling them
inspiring messages on TV only for him to take naps the rest of the day while the criminal (read: Bush)
element of his White House raped the economy and set in motion the post-industrial nightmare
economy that is presently collapsing.  We later got Poppy Bush into the White House based upon the
Willy Horton PR stunt for the racist white middle class, and then we got drug dealer Bill Clinton (guilty
of the slaughter at Waco and Iran-Contra connections in Arkansas) who governed under the label of
being a liberal moderate while still advancing a corporate agenda with the attendant reactionary
policies.  Then, we have had two stolen "elections" by the younger Bush backed by Christian nuts and
corporate pigs.  Now, the Constitution and the Republic are down the drain...  Why vote?  The corporate
interests won't give up their designs to squash all dissent and control Middle Eastern oil.  Voting is
nothing less than treason, since you are participating in the quadrennial charade of electing a President
manufactured by the media who is indebted to his corporate masters; the common good and the
Constitution be damned.

Don't think you're going to vote Kucinich and make a difference.

If anything, maybe we should vote for four more years of Bush-Cheney.  We have been so asleep at the
wheel I think it would be just fine if they had an additional four years to continue their pillaging.  The
American people don't really care---only 1/3 of us can point to New Orleans on a map much less Iraq.
If we do get a Democrat, the agenda will still be there but will only have a slightly gentler face.