Good Old City High School - was Re: [Peace-discuss] Is this being reported? - here's the snarky report from the WPost

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 23:53:18 CDT 2007

I find the following two paragraphs completely offensive and inappropriate. Further, it is my opinion that had the subject of Kucinich's press conference been something that the mainstream media supports, for example increasing aid to install a democratic government in Iraq, this either would not have been written in the first place, or else it would have been edited out. To me, this is clearly supporting Cheney and the administration by belittling Kucinich personally. It is a perfect example of how, when push comes to shove, the "liberal" media supports the administration. However, I can see how a high school editor would love it.

"John W." <jbw292002 at gmail.com> wrote:
  At 08:46 AM 4/25/2007, Robert Naiman wrote:

>Here's the snarky report from the Washington Post: The usual
>anti-Kucinich venom is on steroids. Amazing. We couldn't have printed
>Dana Milbank's piece in our high school newspaper.

As a former high school newspaper editor and founding editor of the public
i, I don't find the article particularly objectionable from a journalistic
standpoint, even if I may disagree with the tone. Sure, it communicates
more than straight "facts" devoid of any spin whatsoever, but it may well
be factually correct. Kucinich may well have been alone at the microphone,
and he may well be utterly lacking in Congressional support. Milbank DID
quote other sources. I actually enjoyed the humor a bit, while still
thinking that Kucinich, the Voice Crying in the Wilderness, is correct.

We know that ALL journalists bring their own prejudices to bear, in ways
subtle and not so subtle, on their journalism. The most serious flaw in
the article from my perspective is what it does NOT address. It addresses
Kucinich's recent one-man crusade to impeach Cheney (which Chuck, after
all, thought was "newsworthy"), but it does NOT address Dick Cheney's many
high crimes and misdemeanors, or whatever those impeachable offenses are
termed. Those would and should be the subject of other articles, perhaps
an investigative series. In any newspaper I owned, they would be.

John Wason

> [...]
>"There's a practical reason," the congressman explained. "If we were
>to start with the president and pursue articles of impeachment, Mr.
>Cheney would then become president. . . . You would then have to go
>through the constitutional agony of impeaching two presidents
>consecutively."
>
>It was a valid point. If Kucinich is having this much trouble
>impeaching one vice president, imagine the difficulty impeaching two
>presidents.
>

>On 4/25/07, Chuck Minne wrote:
>
>>Here we see that Kucinich has filed three articles of impeachment against
>>Cheney. The question is: "Is this Newsworthy?"
>>
>>Is it being reported in the mainstream media? On NPR? I really don't know
>>and am curious. It seems to be newsworthy to me.
>>

>>April 24, 2007
>>

>>Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) has just introduced Articles of
>>Impeachment against Vice-President Dick Cheney.
>>
>>Kucinich Files Three Articles of Impeachment against Cheney
>>
>>Article I
>>The Vice President of the United States, Richard B. Cheney, has purposely
>>manipulated the intelligence process to deceive the citizens and Congress
>>of the United States by fabricating a threat of Iraqi weapons of mass
>>destruction to justify the use of the U.S. Armed Forces against the
>>nation of Iraq in a manner damaging to our national security interests.
>>
>>Article II
>>The Vice President of the United States, Richard B. Cheney, has purposely
>>manipulated the intelligence process to deceive the citizens
>>and Congress of the United States about an alleged relationship between
>>Iraq and al Qaeda in order to justify the use of the U.S. Armed Forces
>>against the nation of Iraq in a manner damagin to our national security
>>interests.
>>
>>Article III
>>In his conduce while Vice President of the United States, Richard B.
>>Cheney, in violation of his constitutional oath to faithfully execute the
>>office of Vice President of the United States and, to the best of his
>>ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United
>>States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the
>>laws be faithfully executed, has openly threatened aggression against the
>>Republic of Iran absent any real threat to the the United States, and
>>done so with the United States' proven capability to carry out such
>>threats, thus undermining the national security of the United States.
>>
>>The full text of H. Res. 333 is now available here, along with supporting
>>documentation.
>>

>>Okay folks, it's on! Now is the time to speak up loud and clear to demand
>>that Congress do the right thing and impeach Cheney, and that the media
>>give this story the attention it deserves. A page has been set up at
>>ImpeachCheney.org with complete information on whom to contact to make

  But judge for yourself, don't be afraid, Watch This or This