[Peace-discuss] CPRB editorial

Jenifer Cartwright jencart7 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 18:01:44 CDT 2007

Thanks, Ricky.  I'm finally up to speed on the Chpgn situation -- watched the rebroadcast on Ch 5 -- and have posted a couple of emails on the subject since I sent this email to you.

  Jenifer

Ricky Baldwin <baldwinricky at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Thanks, Jenifer-

The cprb is on the agenda for tonite's Urbana City
Council meeting at 7pm -- they should actually vote,
so it'll be something to see. Comments welcome, of
course, particularly support (detractors may be out on
force, whining and crying about the anarchy that's
sure to ensue, and other fantasies).

But the issue is off the agenda in Champaign. Killed
for at least the third time. They voted 5-4 not to
even discuss it further.

Two or three Council members, however, expressed
interest in the Council itself acting as cprb. I
think it would be nice if they suddenly had a flood of
complaints before them, making public presentations in
the 5 min comment period, calling up Council members
for help, etc. Of course, floods don't just happen.

Ricky

Ricky

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/opinions/letters/2007/08/02/urbana_public_backs_idea_of_police
> Comments
>
> Contents of this site are © Copyright 2007 The
> News-Gazette, Inc. All rights reserved.
>

> --
> Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
> 303 W. Locust St.
> Urbana, IL 61801
> briandolinar at gmail.com

> Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! -
> their life, your story.
> Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222