[Peace-discuss] Iran and the rest…

Morton K. Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Fri Aug 17 11:47:23 CDT 2007

Carl has done us the service of summarizing (and editing) a powerful
and provocative commentary by Arthur Silber, http://
powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/2007/08/worsening-nightmare.html

relative to possible (probable?) US actions against Iran and the
obsequiousness of Congress to administration maneuvers. A summarizing
statement of that article:

"I see only one possibility that might stop these events: a massive
demonstration or series of demonstrations in Washington, probably
accompanied by a massive sit-in in the offices of Congress. Nothing
short of that has a chance in hell."

This conclusion, with which I largely agree, is what led me to
suggest that we try to organize a mass demonstration or march in our
town against the war(s) of our government.

--mkb