[Peace-discuss] Fisk puzzles over 9/11

n.dahlheim at mchsi.com n.dahlheim at mchsi.com
Sun Aug 26 18:23:39 CDT 2007

Mort,
    This is an excellent piece, and I am glad Robert Fisk had the courage to
write it.  The sad reality is
that few people were asking these questions from the very beginning.  The whole
9/11 narrative as
constructed by the powers that be in our country, particularly the White House
and Pentagon, forms the
justification for the policies conducted hence.  The sheer mendacity of the
Administration, while not
cause in and of itself to conclude that they participated in the 9/11 murders,
certainly should have
given people much greater pause to examine the events of that fateful day much
more carefully.  After
all, the presence of "Al-Qaeda" has been the reason why the United States is
officially no longer a
constitutional Republic but now an empire hell-bent on world domination for the
corporate elite that
essentially own the government.  Don't mistake me, I do believe in the existence
of Al-Qaeda---but,
they are not some enemy wholly separate from the United States as they were a
creation of U.S.
intelligence dating back to the Carter Administration.  Rather, they probably
function as something of
double agents.  The long-time business partnership in the private equity firm
the Carlyle Group
between the Bushes and the binLadens (of whom there is no solid evidence that
Osama was actually
estranged from them; Osama even appeared in a U.S. military hospital in Dubai in
July 2001 for kidney
dialysis when he was simultaneously interviewed by the local CIA station chief
according to the French
Press) also is extremely suspicious.  Considering the oil, defense, and
construction contracts Carlyle-
owned firms and their allies were poised to receive in the aftermath of 9/11
benefiting both the Bushes
and the bin Ladens; wouldn't you just have to wonder if the two patrician
families got together and
orchestrated this political theater around which the deaths of 3000 Americans in
Manhattan and
Washington would be used to spark an imperial adventure in the Middle East?
   The ignorance of the American people and their servility only feeds this
monster, and the lack of
reasoned public discourse of the past several years has certainly been ample
evidence of this fact.
Sadly, I've come to the conclusion that nothing can and will be done about the
9/11 issue.  The
legitimate questions about the building collapses, the standown order given by
Cheney (as the Mineta
testimony in front of the Kean-Hamilton Commission suggests strongly), the missing debris from the
Pentagon, and the mstery of Flight 93 among others cast serious doubt upon Al-Qaeda's sole
responsibility for 9-11.  Even if 9-11 were just allegedly committed by Al-Qaeda, their likely role as
double agents in the intelligence community would still necessitate that heads should roll in the U.S.
government.
    I highly recommend the now FOUR books on White House/Pentagon complicity in the 9/11 attacks
penned by Dr. David Ray Griffin.  Dr. Griffin's extensive work on outlining the parameters of the
epistemilogical parameters of science and religion qualifies him to assess the empirical evidence and
the competing scientific claims separating the "official" story from the alternative account.  His
conclusions are damning, and he has support from dozens of intellectuals.  Among religion scholars he
Dr. Griffin has the support of Islamic scholar Dr. Kevin Barrett as well as the support of Rabbi Michael
Lerner.  Author Gore Vidal and historian Howard Zinn support Griffin.  International relations expert
Peter Falk supports Griffin's work...  The list is quite long and illustrious.  The awful truth of 9/11 must
sink in and change people's working paradigms---the time wasted on this War on Terror has cost this
country dearly and the planet more generally in efforts that should have been devoted towards
confronting climate change.