[Peace-discuss] dead crow and Public Health

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 28 10:40:36 CDT 2007

Linda Evans wrote:
>When we called a couple years ago about a couple dead birds they said
they didn't need to test the birds anymore because they knew WN is already
here in Illinois.  They just counted how many people get sick from it.
----
Well, I suggest that Urbana residents be cautious, even though the official
statement from Public Health says:
"There has not been any reported positive mosquito samples in Champaign
County." and “The Champaign-Urbana Public Health District is very diligent
in sampling local mosquitoes and birds."

-karen medina
--- longer quote below ----
"Illinois State Public Health, announced that mosquito samples collected in
DuPage County have been confirmed as the first positive test results in
Illinois this year for West Nile Virus. A positive mosquito sample was
collected from the communities of Naperville, Lisle and Woodridge. There