[Peace-discuss] The Torture question?

Morton K. Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Wed Dec 12 21:56:01 CST 2007

An excerpt from Ray McGovern's article entitled "Are Americans really
better than that?"

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/12/12/5794/

…Senator Dick Durbin of the Senate Intelligence Committee has
complained that he was aware that classified information did not
justify the conclusion in 2002 that Iraq had unconventional weapons,
but he could not say anything because it was classified! Durbin
explained:

…We’re duty-bound once we enter that room to respect classified
information. Everything you hear is supposed to stay in the room…I
certainly had enough to know that the statements that were made about
mushroom clouds were not the conclusions of someone in the
administration who was really being honest about the full debate. But
you really know, walking in the room, what the rules of the game will
be.…