[Peace-discuss] Laurie wants you to see this.

Laurie at advancenet.net laurie at advancenet.net
Thu Dec 13 11:44:01 CST 2007

I thought that I should add a preface to the link that was sent previously
without any description or explanation.  It is a Truth Out article on
"Ecuador to Evict US, Offer Air Base to China."  I found it interesting in
terms of decline and fall of the US empire which is taking place before our
very eyes.

I especially enjoyed the last paragraph which said:
"There is a historical irony to this turn of events, though neither
governments nor corporations are likely to see it as such. Sanho Tree of the
Institute for Policy Studies notes, "It's ironic that it is China, and not a
European power, that would challenge the Monroe Doctrine. The irony is
doubled as China turns the original U.S. Open Door Policy of 1900 (designed
to allow U.S. access to Chinese markets) back on the United States to get
better access to Latin American markets.""

Maybe the expression "what goes around, comes around" is correct.