[Peace-discuss] Kinzer no war with Iran tour, possible C-U stop in Feb

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Thu Dec 13 15:10:26 CST 2007

Just Foreign Policy, together with Peace Action, National Iranian
American Council, UFPJ, and other groups, is organizing a tour in
February against attacking Iran and in favor of real diplomacy. The
main speaker will be Stephen Kinzer, author of "All the Shah's Men,"
about the U.S.-sponsored coup in Iran and the blowback from that. The
book is being re-issued with a new forward, "The Folly of Attacking
Iran."

Here is the tour website, with the draft schedule:
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/iran/

As you can see from the draft schedule, he is expected in Peoria on
Saturday, February 16 (organized by C-U alumna Lisa Offutt.)

I think we could get Kinzer here on Friday the 15th or Sunday the 17th.

Is this something folks would be interested in helping with? We would
need to raise some money (e.g. through UIUC departments.)

Kinzer is currently on the faculty at Northwestern, that might help on
the UIUC front...

--
Robert Naiman
Just Foreign Policy