[Peace-discuss] Food for Thought - Didn't the Who sing "we won't be fooled again" in the 1960's

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Mon Dec 17 12:01:46 CST 2007

I found this interesting article from Truthout in my email this morning
which caused me to wonder how many times the Congress can cry wolf before no
one believes them anymore.  Both Dems and Repubs have vowed over and over to
undertake various actions only to cave in - when push comes to shove -
before the great minds of the mental midgets in the Executive Branch.  Why
would anyone believe them now?

t r u t h o u t | 12.17

House Vows to Pursue CIA Inquiry

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/121707J.shtml

Julian E. Barnes reports for The Los Angeles Times, "The top Republican on
the House Intelligence Committee vowed Sunday to press ahead with the
congressional investigation of the CIA's destruction of interrogation
videotapes, despite the strenuous objections of the Justice Department."