[Peace-discuss] Hillary and Uzbekistan

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 11:23:36 CST 2007

I think that Clinton could have chosen not to maintain sanctions against Iraq, and not to bomb Serbia. He could also have chosen to treat Haiti in a very different manner, other than imposing a punitive neoliberal program for them after Aristide was rightfully returned to power.

Stuart Levy <slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrote:  On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 06:51:26AM -0800, David Green wrote:
> So far, none of them is married to a mass murderer.

But wouldn't you say that's a matter of opportunity, rather than deliberate choice?