[Peace-discuss] Into the tank again

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 14:12:50 CST 2007

Wow. How can Woolsey "raise awareness of the anti-war position" in
"key early presidential states" by giving a get-out-of-jail-free card
to HRC before the first vote is cast?

As Tony Mazzochi said of the Lane Kirkland AFL: "If we bargained wages
the way we bargain politically, we'd all be making 10 cents an hour."

On Dec 27, 2007 1:59 PM, C. G. Estabrook <galliher at uiuc.edu> wrote:
> ["Anti-war democrats" once again show that they're neither.  --CGE]
>
>         Rep. Woolsey backs Clinton
>         By Mike Soraghan
>         December 27, 2007
>
> Presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) got a potential
> boost to her anti-war credentials this week when she won the endorsement
> of Rep. Lynn Woolsey (D-Calif.), a co-founder of the Out-of-Iraq caucus
> and one of the vehement anti-war voices in Congress.
>
> Clinton has been criticized for her 2002 vote in favor of the resolution
> that authorized the use of force in Iraq. Unlike the other Democratic
> presidential contenders, she has not openly regretted that decision.
>
> Woolsey told the Marin Independent Journal Wednesday that Clinton "is
> the one who can take what she says and turn it into reality once she's
> elected president."
>
> Woolsey and her fellow Out-of-Iraq caucus leaders have campaigned in the
> key early presidential states to raise awareness of the anti-war position.
>
>         ###

Robert Naiman
Just Foreign Policy
www.justforeignpolicy.org