[Peace-discuss] Tim Johnson call

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 01:53:02 CST 2007

Yep, Tim Johnson called me a month or more ago totally out of the blue (I assumed b/c I'd retired and he had my name on some list to that effect), same time, same question... So I pulled out all the stops and let him have it. We had a 15-minute shouting match, the upshot of which was he had no intention of reversing his stance on SCHIP (he said I had no right to an opinion unless I'd read the whole thing!!!), and no intention of staying in Iraq until US got  permanent bases and lucrative oil contracts, etc.
   --Jenifer

Ron Szoke <r-szoke at uiuc.edu> wrote:
  Strange thing: I received a call from Rep. Tim Johnson about 6:30 this evening,
asking if there was anything he could do for me & what my concerns are. My main
point was about stopping the war in Iraq, of course, by appropriating only enough
funds for a phased, safe withdrawal.

Has he called anyone else? The Repubs may be getting worried as it dawns on
them what a millstone around their necks Dubya will be next year.

-- Ron Szoke