[Peace-discuss] Happy New Year

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 31 13:46:05 CST 2007

[...from the Financial Times, my current candidate for world's best
newspaper. --CGE]

	President Clinton, Google grows, $100 oil,
	but no US recession – this is 2008
	Published: December 30 2007 17:48

The FT’s crack corps of pundits had great success in predicting the
events of 2007. Once again, therefore, we have urged them to throw
caution to the wind and risk humiliation in the pursuit of glory.

Last time, Edward Luce foresaw Barack Obama’s political trajectory with
near-clairvoyant accuracy, beaten only by Christopher Brown-Humes, who
called the turn in the credit cycle. Give that man a $1m bonus. John
Thornhill predicted Nicolas Sarkozy’s victory in France’s presidential
race and David Gardner said there would be no US attack on Iran...

Full article at
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/eb14b4b2-b6fe-11dc-aa38-0000779fd2ac.html