[Peace-discuss] Shall we go visit Obama?

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 09:31:01 CST 2007

I hear that Obama is going to be in Springfield this Saturday at 10AM.

Anyone want to go?

I'm not sure exactly what the window is for pressing our case - will
they allow (our) signs, etc. But perhaps if we have signs that say
"Out of Iraq" and "Don't Attack Iran" we can tell people "We're part
of the campaign - that's what Obama said."

There is going to be massive press, from all over the world. WILL is
going to broadcast it live.

ACT-UP Philly was an uninvited participant in Gore's announcement for
President in 2000. In part as a result, US policy on access to
essential medicines changed.

Of course, ACT-UP went to disrupt. I am not proposing to disrupt. I am
proposing to be a visible, supportive, anti-war presence.