[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Acting on Faith announcement + big news on Listening to it

Barbara kessel barkes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 10:23:48 CST 2007

From: "Barbara kessel" <barkes at gmail.com>

This Saturday's show is from 12 - 1 on WRFU, 104.5FM. NOW LIVE
BROADCAST on your COMPUTER at http://wrfu.net/ so it does not matter
where you live! it also stays archived for a few days, so you can hear
it a bit later.

     THIS WEEK DANNIE OTTO WILL INTERVIEW REV. MIKE MULBERRY ON HIS
WITNESS FOR PEACE DECEMBER TRIP TO OAXACA.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

REV. MULBERRY WILL ALSO BE SPEAKING on this same subject and showing
slides at the URBANA CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 400 S. VINE, URBANA
DATE: Tuesday, February 13 at 7:00 pm.

>"I Have Seen the Future…..And It Is Mexico" talk and slide show by
>Rev. Mike Mulberry of Community United Church
>
>Responding to a "Witness for Peace" call for an emergency delegation
>to Oaxaca City, Mexico, Rev. Mike Mulberry traveled to Oaxaca to serve
>as an international observer and learn the roots of the current
>conflict in Oaxaca.  A huge security force now dominates Oaxaca City's
>central plaza, UNIONIST teachers and human right leaders are being
>disappeared, detentions and arrests with concerns about torture are
>occurring on a regular basis.  While in Oaxaca, Rev. Mulberry met with
>community leaders, business leaders, human rights leaders, torture
>survivors, the United States' consulate in Oaxaca, and a populist
>government in Oaxaca that had thrown out its corrupt mayor.
>
>This Witness for Peace emergency delegation also included discussions
>about the role of United States' foreign, trade, and economic policy
>in the current conflict (NAFTA), the struggles over imported corn, the
>coming of WAL-MART and its political role, the advent of APPO (Popular
>Assembly of the Peoples of Oaxaca) and the growth of these
>"assemblies" as a form of government.  Though the United States is
>promoting a particular understanding of the Oaxacan conflict, come to
>hear Rev. Mulberry offer an alternative point of view.

To be removed from the Urbana-Champaign Friends Meeting email list, reply
to <shaworth at sbcglobal.net> and type in the message or subject "remove from
UCFM email list".