[Peace-discuss] SAIC

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 20:48:45 CST 2007

Here, for example, is what SAIC is up to at our local institution. Does anyone think that the 6 panelists at Foellinger a couple of weeks ago have any problem with this?

  Xpatch® Electromagnetic Simulation Software  Overview  The Xpatch® toolkit is a set of prediction codes and analysis tools that use the shooting-and-bouncing ray (SBR) method to predict realistic far-field and near-field radar signatures for 3D target models.
  Applications  The Xpatch toolkit is used by the Air Force Research Laboratory and Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) for multiple radar simulation programs. There are over 9000 active licenses across the country in both industrial and government applications using the Xpatch toolkit to produce and analyze scattering data for realistic aircraft, missiles, ships, spacecraft, and ground vehicles. They include multiple government organizations and major aerospace firms such as Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Boeing, Sikorsky Aircraft, Raytheon, and TRW.
  Features  The Xpatch code suite was rewritten in a C++ object-oriented framework combining the Xpatch 2.4 toolkit versions of XpatchF and XpatchT into a single product. Xpatch toolkit enhancements include:

   Near-field capabilities
   Multiple IGES entities, scattering centers, and hybrid capabilities support.
   Intuitive user interfaces aid in problem setup, model checking, moving components, comparing signatures, and plotting results.
   FISC, a method-of-moments solver using the breakthrough multilevel fast multipole algorithm (MLFMA) fast matrix solver, originally developed at the University of Illinois. More information about the University of Illinois Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is available at http://www.ece.uiuc.edu/.

  Benefits  The Xpatch toolkit is the premier electromagnetic (EM) code suite for predicting and analyzing high-frequency radar signatures. It has evolved and matured through extensive validation efforts with the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL).
  Note: The Xpatch toolkit is sponsored by the Air Force Research Lab (AFRL), the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the Office of the Secretary of Defense/High Performance Computing (OSD/HPC), the National Air Intelligence Center (NAIC), the Missile and Space Intelligence Center (MSIC), and the Naval Air Warfare Center (NAWC).

Wendy Edwards <wedwards at uiuc.edu> wrote:
  I used to work for SAIC - left in August 2006.

Wendy