[Peace-discuss] 9/11 Tape has arrived

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at insightbb.com
Fri Feb 16 17:32:16 CST 2007

Dear Mr. Minne:
The Tape you sent to AWARE has arrived at our home.  We will take it
along with your letter and the other material enclosed to the next
AWARE meeting. (Sunday February 18 at 5:00 PM *IMC* Urbana) The tape as
well as the 3 printed pages will be available for any AWARE member who
is interested.

However, I feel I must address a few lines from your letter:  You
write............
"As an outside observer, I find it extremely disappointing that AWARE
fails to address what really happened on 9/11."
"Secondly, I think AWARE is comprised of people who generally consider
themselves to be intellectually elite, and this makes them particularly
sensitive to being ridiculed as being "nuts" or simply wrong."

Dear Mr. Minne: I am sure the group will appreciate your sharing the
tape for AWARE members edification.
Now what is to be done? What happens after AWARE member view the tape
you have sent?

The way AWARE works........someone has a great idea, it is put on the
agenda under NEW IDEAS and then along with those of like mind..... a
working group is formed .  Those involved in the working group proceed
to carry out the plan and/ or action.
You are most welcome to bring your idea forth and see if there is
interest to form just such a working group.

You might want to drive over from Danville sometime soon and attend an
AWARE meeting.  You might be surprised to learn who actually is an
AWARE member.  One of our most recent and successful events was a large
and well attended parallel protest on January 27.  This event was
planned, organized and publicized by 2 of our hard working members from
two area high schools.  I know I personally do not think of myself (a
retired first grade teacher) as a member of the intellectual elite.

So I suggest that you not feel like an outside observer any longer.
AWARE is open to the public and all are welcome to come and put  ideas
on the agenda.
As for being called "nuts" or simply wrong............. Since I have
been a member this has seldom been a concern.
AWARE usually goes where others *fear to tread* and then seems to
arouse debate on all sides!

Lately, AWARE has been receiving notice, blame and credit for just
about everything controversial that happens county wide.
As for your closing comment:----AWARE ignores it. (RE: 9/11).
Convenient. Tidy. Respectable.----- I will make a suggestion!

AWARE does only what individuals community members feel compelled to
organize ......... thus it seems the individual who sees
"9/11 as The Mother of All Our Current Evils" is just the individual
necessary to try to gather support and organize a working group.

Best Wishes and thanks for sharing!

JAN Kruse

Tape includes: 2.3 films
  September 11th Revisited
1) 9/11 & American Empire-Intellectuals Speak Out
2) 9/11 Press for Truth (first third only)
3) Iraq for Sale - The War Profiteers

"Do not go where the path may lead ~ Go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson