[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Grubacic / Eisenhower'sMistake: A Taleof an Astonishing Letter tothe Former German Chancellor / Feb 18

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 23 13:32:58 CST 2007

Practically only in America (and the UK) did the propaganda line succeed
that the US/NATO was engaged in a humanitarian exercise, rather than a
minor bit of murderous imperialism.  Much of the rest of the world,
including those who were bombed for 80 days, easily recognized the
attack for the crime that it was.  The US by financial manipulation and
killing, and threats of more of the same, established a government that
would follow orders in Serbia.

In the "American right" I include of course most of the Democratic party
in the Congress, who backed Clinton's war.  The left that opposed it was
mostly outside the Congress, with a few honorable exceptions.  --CGE