[Peace-discuss] Chomsky et al.

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 24 15:52:50 CST 2007

>  The results would seem to beg to differ.  I understand you've lost several members, and for much more than one meeting, because of squabbles that couldn't be stopped.  Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Ah. Interesting.

The loss was because of squabbles that could NOT be discussed. If we could have talked them out it would have been much better. Some people had to yell, gang up on one, attempt to control the floor, and when those things didn't work they walked out assuming all would follow (only 3 left). And yet not one of those 3 were even there the day of the alleged offense that they were so mad about.

Groups change membership over time. This was just change that did not need to happen if we had only been able to discuss it and if 3 people had not assumed they were backed by concensus.

-karen medina