[Peace-discuss] Chomsky et al.

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 24 17:02:43 CST 2007

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 03:06:33PM -0600, Chas. 'Mark' Bee wrote:

> [...]

Well, I raise those since Bob I. had mentioned bitter
arguments among some New York antiwar activists.

> That's what can happen when you _don't_
> officially have that power.

I'd say it comes from misunderstanding what it takes to be
an effective social being -- not knowing how to deal with
conflict without resort to a power hierarchy.

It's ironic that this should come up on the Peace list,
but even peace activists need to keep studying how to
be peaceful.

cheers

   Stuart