[Peace-discuss] News-Gazette letter: Bush should send his daughters to Iraq

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 09:58:58 CST 2007

Bush should send his daughters to Iraq
Tuesday January 2, 2007

As a former active-duty noncommissioned and reserve officer, I would
like to comment on the war in Iraq and President George Bush's family.

Why exactly is not a single member of his family in uniform? By my
count, the Bush family has 28 family members of military service age,
and not one is in uniform. Not one is serving with the Red Cross, and
not one is serving with the Peace Corps.

Why?

This is more than a fair question from an administration of
draft-dodgers gussied up in the flag as wannabe tough guys.

If President Bush actually believes we are at war and that this is
indeed a crusade for freedom, why are not his twin daughters, Jenna
and Barbara, in uniform? Why is not a single member of the radical
right in uniform? Why aren't their children in uniform? Want to bet
this applies to our local writers of the radical right as well?

It is time for this man to ante up. We can have the twins in Baghdad by summer.

JAY SCHMIDT

Tuscola