[Peace-discuss] US betrayed by Democrats again

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 5 21:10:51 CST 2007

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 06:26:51PM -0600, John W. wrote:
> At 04:57 PM 1/5/2007, karen medina wrote:
>
> >Chas. 'Mark' Bee
> >
> >> Full reconstruction on our dime.
> >
> >Definitely. But not under US control of the dime.
>

> I say full reconstruction on the dime of the Bush and Cheney families and
> Halliburton and the Carlyle Group and so forth.  Seize their assets;
> torture them until they reveal the location.  I ain't got any more dimes,
> when our own infrastructure and the welfare of our own poorer citizens have
> been so sorely neglected for so long.
>
> John Wason

I'd agree heartily with all of that except the torture.  We need for
it to become true, not just a convenient fiction, that our government
doesn't do such things.

Public humiliation, with that I'd have no trouble.  The McCarthy-era line
quoted in Good Night and Good Luck would ring as well as ever:
"Have you no decency, sir?"

   Stuart