[Peace-discuss] Durbin?

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 8 11:53:02 CST 2007

What did Durbin say on last week's All Things Considered, Stewart?
I missed that one.

I have felt for a long time that Biden is a closet Republican, like
Clinton (both of them) and Kerry. They're all serious hawks. Durbin
is definitely not, and is friends with Pelosi, who I expect to do a
good job for peace with a little encouragement.

At the ACLU conference in Champaign last year, it was pointed out
that if you want to influence the Congress it is important to thank
folks like Durbin for doing the right thing rather than just
criticizing members for doing the wrong thing. Keep this in mind
when making phone calls, folks.

Bob